Just another personal weblog.
Getting In Touch With My Inner Entrepreneur
The job hunt is tediously slow going. The interview I had two weeks ago appears to have come to nothing and all I have ever hear from the other job applications I make is “Thanks, but…”, if I even hear anything at all.
Things, financially are pretty much on a thread.
For months I have had a list. Its a relatively short list. Nine items. All business ideas.
So. here’s the list, as I have it written:
- Professional rugby club – that would be fully professional, players and staff.
- Blogger – as I say on my Donate Here page, “…just take a look at people like Dooce, The Bloggess, The Pioneer Woman and ProBlogger“.
- Sauces – I can whip up a pretty good sauce.
- Selling crafts on Etsy – I knit, my wife crochets.
- Admin./Data Entry from home – both my wife and I could do this, but all the ads for it seem so scammy!
- Coffee shop – a homely, social media friendly place for a simple, good cup o’ joe and a pastry.
- Voice over work – in a world where no one has a voice…!
- Writer – Not sure I could ever do a novel, or even a short story, but poems and prose…
- Homeless assistance – kind of like a one-on-one shelter.
I have had a couple of other ideas, not on the list:
- A small restaurant with a British/American menu.
- A small range of British baked goods.
Finally there is The Idea. Its simple. Its something I could do right now. And I know, from semi-joking tweets I have seen over the last couple of weeks, there are people asking for this service.
Yep… just take our vehicle and spend the day running errands for people!
I’m going to do this the “old fashioned” way, the way people have started businesses in America since day one: I’m just going to get out there and do it. Just got to get some preparatory stuff, (social media accounts, email etc.), and off I will go.
I feel many things about this endeavor:
- Nervous – will it work?
- Excited – my very own little business.
- Eager – we need some $$$, somehow.
- Scared – its all going to come crashing down on me.
Still… I’m going to give it a go.
Hey… if nothing else, it’ll fill a huge hole on my resume!