Just another personal weblog.
Tag Archives: referral
One of my favorite apps is Evernote. I must admit, it isn’t an app I use a lot, right now, but I do love cloud-based applications, such as it and Dropbox. Having these apps installed on my smartphone, my tablet and my PC means that notes and files are accessible 24/7, wherever there is an internet connection.
What do you get for Evernote Premium, (which, incidentally, is usually $5/month or $45/year)? Upgrading to Premium has these benefits:
- Access your notes fast whenever you need them on your mobile device, even without a network connection. Great for travel.
- Allow your friends and colleagues to edit notes you share with them, and see Note History for past versions of notes.
- Passcode lock adds a layer of protection on mobile devices.
- If you need help, then fast, Priority support is a chat window away.
- Get 1GB of monthly upload capacity and an increased max note size of 100MB.
- Search inside PDFs and attached documents, find text in images faster and rediscover your content with the powerful Related Notes feature.
- Let people into your thinking process by presenting your notes in a beautiful, full-screen layout with one click, (currently, for Mac only).
The other cloud app I like to use, Dropbox, has three plans:
- Free – Account starts out with 2 GB, but through referral bonuses, that can increase up to 18 GB, (500 MB per referral).
- Pro – Plans provide 100GB, 200GB, or 500 GB of storage, starting at $9.99/month.
- Business – Plans start at 1 TB for 5 users, with centralized billing and admin tools.
Dropbox works by installing folders on your PC, which then updates to/from the cloud folders. So, for example, when I take a photo on my smartphone, it is saved into a specific Dropbox sub-folder, a copy of which can be found on your HDD, so that, assuming upload to the cloud has occurred, the photo taken on your smartphone is also available on your computer. And it also works in the other direction; move a file into a Dropbox sub-folder on your HDD and it will be available on your device.
So, there you go. Two great apps that might well help you be a little more productive.
The links I have posted that direct you to the app websites are referral links, that allow me to upgrade &/or increase the capacity of my accounts.